Bioinformatics at EMBLBioinformatics Jobs
Opportunities at all levels
Computational biologists are found at all levels of academic staff with many PhD and postdoc positions available each year.
- Applicants for PhDs should apply through the EMBL International PhD Programme.
- Around 20 interdisciplinary postdoctoral positions, funded jointly by EMBL and Marie Curie Actions, are available each year, ideal for bioinformatics projects linked directly to lab work.
- Several postdoc positions combining computational and experimental research, in collaboration between the EMBL-EBI and the Sanger centre are available each year - the EMBL-EBI-Sanger Postdoctoral Programme (ESPOD).
- All other EMBL positions are advertised under jobs.
An enticing environment
EMBL provides an enticing environment for computational biologists. Hardware comprising many powerful CPUs and large storage arrays facilitate large-scale computation. The highly interdisciplinary and collaborative ethos at EMBL offers many opportunities for interactions with wet lab scientists as well as engineers, physicists, mathematicians and of course other computational researchers.
Bioinformaticians at EMBL have access to a wide range of data-generating technologies such as next generation sequencing, arrays, mass spectrometry, X-ray beam lines, NMR, light and electron microscopy.
European Bioinformatics Institute
- Bioinformatics at EMBL HD Bioinformatics activity by percentage in groups across EMBL