The Electron Microscopy Core Facility provides advanced expertise in electron microscopy: from sample preparation to image analysis and for a large variety of biological samples ranging from macromolecules to tissues. The services we provides consist of performing the experiments, assisting the users in their use of facility resources and providing advanced teaching and training. The imaging techniques that we can provide bridge analysis at an atomic resolution with microscopy techniques on living specimens.
- Chemical fixation, high pressure freezing of cells and multi-cellular specimens.
- Resin embedding.
- Ultramicrotomy and cryo-ultramicrotomy (Tokuyasu technique).
- Sample preparation for single particle analysis.
- Immuno-labelling and TEM imaging.
- Electron tomography.
- FIB-SEM, whole-cell 3D imaging
- Correlative light and electron microscopy.
- Image analysis and 3D cellular modelling.
Teaching and training
- Training of the users on all the accessible techniques.
- Organising courses and lectures on EM methods in cell biology.