About the LibraryServices
We are pleased to offer the following services:
- For the Library
- For a group or lab within EMBL
- For individuals
- For outstations
- Online materials and resources
- Print material
2. Access to:
- Our collections
- Computer workstations
- Short- and long-term work areas
- Reading area
- Daily newspapers
- Online catalogue
- New books and journals
- Information brochures
- Free information material
3. Document Delivery / Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
- Books not available in the Library
- Material not available online to all outstations
Books are borrowed from other libraries. Journal articles are usually sent in an electronic format to your email account. Available at a much reduced cost, these are generally of average photocopy quality. Superior quality, original material from the publisher costs significantly more.
Document delivery may be requested through the Library Online Catalogue. You must log in with your Personal ID number (which is found on your contract or your EMBL Health Card, but NOT on your access / cash card1).
Please check the availability of our online resources before requesting document delivery.
For further details including cost and delivery times, please refer to our information brochure Document Delivery / Loan
- Library staff are developing training seminars to help users in the following areas:
- Web of Science
We are always interested in your feedback. Tell us what you need. Tell us what is important to you. Tell us when things don't work properly. Let us know how we can help you. Contact the Library via email, phone (8205 or 8215), step by in person (room 216a). We are there for you.