The "R" Lab is a pluri-disciplinary laboratory combining Integrative Biology approaches, Evolutionary Cell Biology and Innovations. We use physics, chemistry, engineering, molecular and cellular techniques to study the secretory pathway. We combine an evolutionary approach from Planctomycetes (Devos & Reynaud, 2010) to Human tissue via Protists and new biophysical and optical methods ranging from cell "morphing" (Tängemo et al., 2011) to Light Sheet Microscopy for 3D imaging (Reynaud et al., 2008).
Our ultimate goal is to achieve a continuum of knowledge from single bacteria excretion capacity to complex tissue secretion ability in an organism context. We have successfully used bioinformatics and cell biology to define compartmentation related protein families (Lsg1) and stream line evolution of the secretory pathway. We intend to further develop our approach by closing the knowledge gap between bacterial secretion and higher eukaryote excretion: the Protists. We have provided our expertise during Tara Oceans as the Imaging Coordinator and now we benefit from a possibility to access large datasets of genomic and imaging data of marine protists.
We also provide advices and optical set-ups to research groups and collaborate extensively with the private sectors (Carl Zeiss MicroImaging GmbH, Aquamarine Power Ltd, Tech Works Ltd).
- Karsenti E, Acinas SG, Bork P, Bowler C, De Vargas C,… Reynaud, E.G., et al. (2011) A Holistic Approach to Marine Eco-Systems Biology. PLoS Biol 9(10): e1001177. doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.1001177
- Boistel, R., Swoger, J., Krzicz, U., Fernandez, V., Gillet, B. and Reynaud, E.G. (2011) 'The future of three-dimensional microscopic imaging in marine biology'. Marine Ecology, 32 (4):1-15.
- Tängemo, C., Ronchi, P., Colombelli, J., Haselmann, U., Simpson, J.C., Antony, C., Stelzer, E.H.K., Pepperkok, R. and Reynaud, E.G. (2011) 'A Novel Laser Nanosurgery Approach Provides Support for de novo Golgi Biogenesis in Mammalian Cells'. Journal of Cell Science, 124 :978-987.
- Devos, D.P. and Reynaud, E.G. (2010) 'Intermediate steps'. Science, 330 (6008):1187-1188.
- Reynaud, E.G., Krzic, U., Greger, K. and Stelzer, E.H.K. (2008) 'Light Sheet-based Fluorescence Microscopy: More dimensions with less photons'. HFSP Journal, 2 (5):266-275.