EMBO Conference Series
Chemical Biology 2014EMBL Heidelberg, Germany Wednesday 20 August - Saturday 23 August 2014 Registration closed
Abstract submission closed
- Final programme and poster listings are available here.
- Bus schedule is now available for download.
- There will be 15 short talks selected from abstracts. Of those, there will be five selected talks from PhD's and five from Postdocs. Each will have the chance to win a Best Talk Award.
- Do you have something to tweet? Use this hashtag #EMBLChemBio
The conference will cover a broad area of approaches and methods used in Chemical Biology including:
- Innovations in drug discovery
- Cell signaling
- Computational methods
- Protein engineering
- Controlling and engineering with light
- Synthetic methods
This conference provides a platform for the broad audience in the field of chemical biology to interact. Over 300 participants can meet the 24 speakers and other top researchers whilst at the same time discussing their own data in three large poster sessions and 15 short talks selected from the participants. We aim to provide the possibility for every chemical biologist to meet and discuss with peers, from tool development to biological applications, from computational drug design to synthetic chemistry. Most important, however, is the flagship character of the meeting. Participants come to see where the field stands in its full breadth. The past meetings were very successful in this respect, ensuring that the EMBO Conference on Chemical Biology remains the largest and broadest meeting in this field.
The conference Chemical Biology 2010 was held at the new Advanced Training Centre at EMBL Heidelberg. Due to the large success of the initial conference in 2008, Chemical Biology 2010 and the following conferences in the biennial series became a member of the family of EMBO-funded conferences. With about 25 invited speakers, 15 oral presentations chosen from the abstracts, 218 posters and over 300 participants, this conference series became a truly impressive success.