- Final Programme is now available online.
- Bus Schedule from ISG Hotel to EMBL ATC is now available online.
- There will be a poster session during the course (Poster abstract submission is mandatory for selected participants).
- The course will cover the entire range of skills needed to apply super-resolution microscopy in biology. All topics will be covered in lectures as well as in practical workshops, e.g.:
- Sample preparation for super-resolution microscopy
- Multi-Colour 3D STED microscopy
- Multi-Colour 3D Localization Microscopy
- Data analysis for Localization Microscopy
- Deconvolution of STED images
This five day advanced course on fluorescence super-resolution microscopy will cover the theory and practical application of current super-resolution microscopy techniques to biological questions. The participants will have sufficient time to use current super-resolution microscopes for Localization Microscopy (e.g. dSTORM /GSDIM) and STED Microscopy with samples prepared during the course. At the end of the course, the participants will be able to plan an experiment using super-resolution microscopy, acquiring high quality data at the microscope and analyse the images with state-of the art computational methods. Invited guest researchers together with experts from the EMBL and Leica Microsystems will ensure that all aspects are covered in depth.
Who should apply?
This course is aimed at researchers at the early stage of their career in the life sciences (e.g. pre or postdoctoral level) with access to super-resolution microscopy equipment. The participants should have an immediate need to apply these techniques for their biological questions.
The course will strongly focus on practical work and is therefore especially suited for people who rely on advanced microscopy for their research.
This course is organised in cooperation with Leica Microsystems.