- Registration is now open. Please visit the registration page for more info.
- We have created a mobile app for your event! You can find out more detailed information on the app here!
- Childcare is available for children between the age of 3 months and 3 years to registered conference participants.
- Do you have something to tweet? Use this hashtag: #EWGbigdata
- Check out our EMBLetc article on how the new EMBL|Wellcome Genome Campus collaboration started and what types of conferences you can expect for the future!
Individualised medicine based on patient genomes will have an enormous impact on healthcare. With breakthroughs in DNA sequencing technology, the number of sequenced genomes could reach >1 Million within 5–10 years. The simultaneous generation and integration of this associated molecular and clinical data will provide an unprecedentedly rich set of “big data” for basic research and translation. Integration of these data will provide new research opportunities, for example, through the identification of novel biomarkers or by enabling the identification of causal relationships in molecular biology through analysing complex datasets, but will also come with significant technical and bioethical challenges.
This EMBL-Wellcome Genome Campus Conference on “Big Data in Biology & Health” will alternate between Heidelberg and Hinxton, to address the opportunities and challenges of “big data” analytics, advance basic research and explore translational opportunities. This timely interdisciplinary meeting aims to enable the European research community to participate in and help drive the future development of “big data” research, as well as raise further awareness for this new and relevant research direction in the life sciences.
- Clinical Medicine
- Information Technology
- Cloud Computing