- Registration is now closed. Late registration is no longer possible.
- The schedule of the course shuttle bus can be viewed here.
- The final course programme is now online.
- Got something to tweet? Say it #EMBLCRISPR
This course will provide hands-on training in genome editing and cell engineering in mammalian cells using the highly efficient CRISPR/Cas9 system. Participants will learn design of CRISPR targets using bioinformatics tools, generation of gene knockouts/knock-ins, and target validation using the most current technologies.
This course is aimed at researchers who are familiar with basic molecular and cell biology techniques and want to learn how to create an engineered mammalian cell lines using the most recent and advanced CRISPR/Cas9 system. No previous experience in genome editing is required.
During this course you will learn:
- How to design target specific CRISPR/Cas9 tools
- Basic rules for efficient gene Knock-outs and knock-ins
- Generation of guide RNA (gRNA) using in vitro transcription
- Transfection optimisation for efficient gene editing
- Assays for detecting Gene modification and clone validation
After this course you should be able to:
- Design CRISPR based editing tools for your target gene of interest in both low and high-throughput formats
- Choose the right format of gene editing tool and delivery reagent for your cell type of interest
- Edit, screen and validate the engineered cell lines
This course is co-organised with ThermoFisher.