- Registration is now closed.
- The final course programme is now available online.
- The schedule of the course shuttle bus can be viewed here.
- Got something to tweet? Say it #EMBLNGS
The goal of this course is to teach the fundamentals of NGS library preparation and validation using the Illumina TruSeq stranded total RNA sample preparation kit. We will start with an introduction into Illumina NGS technology and the library preparation workflow. The main part will be the preparation of libraries from total RNA, with a focus on the critical steps and potential pitfalls of the protocol. Finally we will quantify and quality control the prepared libraries, before discussing solutions for total RNA sequencing data analysis.
This course is directed towards biologists, scientists and technicians who want to apply RNA sequencing and learn the basics of library preparation. Knowledge of next generation sequencing technology is desirable but not essential.
During this course we will focus on the following aspects:
- Best practices and tips and tricks for TruSeq stranded total RNA library preparation
- Best practices of sequencing library validation
- Introduction to RNA sequencing data analysis
After this course you should be able to:
- Prepare libraries from total RNA using the Illumina TruSeq stranded total RNA sample preparation kit
- Quality control and quantify the libraries
- Understand the basics of RNA sequencing data analysis
This course is co-organised with illumina.
Additional Course Dates
- 6-8 July 2016
- 30 November - 02 December 2016