- Final course programme is available here
- Course bus schedule is available here
- Got something to say? Tweet it! #EMBLfluorescence
This six day practical course covers advanced light microscopy techniques. Invited guest researchers together with experts from the EMBL and microscopy professionals will foster an intense information flow with a balance of lectures and practical workshops. The focus of the course will be on the use of fluorescence microscopy to obtain quantitative information about protein dynamics in living samples.
This course is directed towards researchers in the life sciences with access to light microscopy equipment, who have an immediate need to apply the techniques they will learn to solve biological problems at the cellular and molecular level in vivo.
- Fluorescence microscopy techniques and data analysis such as time-lapse microscopy, confocal microscopy, total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy (TIRFM) and super resolution microscopy (PALM, STORM)
- Quantitative methods such as fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET), fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP), photoconversion and photoactivation
- State-of-the-art data analysis and image processing techniques
Participants will learn how to derive qualitative and quantitative insights on molecular mechanisms in cells and developing organisms.
This course is organised in cooperation with Olympus.