EMBL has in place an internal policy to create and maintain a culture in which diversity is valued and promoted, equality of opportunity exists for all staff and which is free from discrimination.
EMBL is committed to creating and maintaining a culture in which diversity is valued and promoted, equality of opportunity exists for all staff (prospective and existing) and which is free from discrimination as explained below.
EMBL believes that the diversity of all its employees, visitors and collaborators is of critical importance in drawing together the broad range of skills and experience we depend on to conduct world class science. EMBL therefore aims to ensure that:
- Individuals are treated fairly and respectfully regardless of their sex, race, ethnic origin, nationality, age, marital status, disability, religious beliefs, social class, sexual orientation and political views or any other attribute that might give rise to inappropriate discrimination, with regard to all procedures, assessments and choices including but not limited to:
- Promotion and career progression;
- Pay and benefits;
- Training and development.
- An inclusive, supportive and safe environment is provided to all individuals, so that they can work effectively and participate fully in the life and work of the Laboratory and that diversity can be celebrated;
- Breaches of this policy are not tolerated.