|Contract Duration:||6 months (part time)|
|Grading:||3 or 4, depending on experience and qualifications|
|Closing Date:||25 March 2018|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations worldwide. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK) and Rome (Italy).
The EMBL Hamburg Unit hosts an international laboratory with close to one hundred staff and fellows. The main activities are focused on research in structural biology, the provision of experimental facilities to the external research community, and advanced training for scientists.
We are looking for an administrative assistant whose primary responsibility is:
- Organisation of duty travel and reimbursement procedures in SAP
- Arranging occupational medical examinations for staff in Hamburg and administering relevant data using SAP-HR.
- General administrative tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in an administration-related area
- An excellent command of English
- Fluency in German is desirable
- The ability to deal with people in a friendly and professional manner and to establish effective channels of communication and liaison in a multi-cultural environment.
- The ability to ensure that matters are dealt with efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, paying attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.