|Contract Duration:||6 months (extendable up to 12 months)|
|Grading:||760 EUR / Month|
|Closing Date:||13 June 2021|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK), Rome (Italy) and Barcelona (Spain). The Office of Resource Development raises philanthropic support for EMBL. It seeks to engage people with an interest in the life sciences and who wish to support EMBL in various ways. The Office of Resource Development oversees the activities of the Friends of EMBL and the Corporate Partnership Programme. In addition, it raises support for a variety of EMBL projects and programmes. The purpose of the Resource Development Internship is to assist the Resource Development team with fundraising and outreach activities.
- Assist in planning and execution of fundraising and corporate relations events, including coordination with other EMBL departments.
- Assist in entering donor data in software programs.
- Assist with mailings, filing and execute other administrative tasks.
- Research prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Liaise with internal communications department to keep fundraising webpages up-to-date, assist with uploading content to the web.
- Attend department and team meetings.
- Assist in preparation and drafting of donor communication and impact reports.
- Assist with other tasks as required.
- Interest in the nonprofit sector.
- Fluency in English. German would be an asset.
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Previous nonprofit experience and/or coursework in fundraising, nonprofit management, marketing and communications is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of Internet is required. Knowledge of InDesign and WordPress would be an asset. Experience working with CRM database would be beneficial.
Why join us
With 27 member states, laboratories at six locations across Europe and thousands of scientists and engineers working together, the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is a powerhouse of biological expertise. The intergovernmental organisation, headquartered in Heidelberg, was founded in 1974 with the mission of promoting molecular biology research in Europe, training young scientists, and developing new technologies. EMBL currently employs 1800 people in Barcelona, Grenoble, Hamburg, Heidelberg, Hinxton near Cambridge (UK), and Rome. Publishing hundreds of research articles and hosting dozens of conferences every year, EMBL is pouring out biological insights, and training Europe’s future scientific talent.
What else you need to know
This is a six-month position with the possibility for an extension of further six months on mutual agreement. The position is based at EMBL’s site in Heidelberg, Germany. The position comes with a stipend of 760 EUR. Work schedule and number of hours per week are negotiable.