|Staff Category:||Staff member|
|Contract Duration:||3 years|
|Grading:||5 or 6; depending on qualification and experience|
|Closing Date:||17 February 2017|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).
EMBL has a mature SAP system which is used as the key information system for the management of Financial and HR issues. EMBL continues to develop its SAP ERP systems to support management and scientific budget holders, as well as its reporting Suite using SAP’s Business Warehouse and Objects. The scope of EMBL’s SAP development is described in a 5-year development plan in line with the EMBL Indicative Scheme which is being approved by the EMBL Council.
EMBL is looking for a SAP Inhouse Consultant to join its dedicated SAP team. The SAP team is small and dynamic and comprises specialists who take the lead in administering and further developing the SAP modules in their areas of expertise (Financials/Controlling and Logistics, HR and Interfaces to non-SAP systems). The team members develop and retain solid in house expertise to ensure the stability of the system and optimize and further develop it where required.
• Full ownership of the ongoing development and operational activities related to EMBL’s Admin Pages, which serve as the main SAP interface for the EMBL user Community (currently SAP Net Weaver Business Client based),
• detailed technical understanding of the ESS/MSS systems and procedures to continuously improve and further develop the modules, provide technical and process-related support and advice,
• liaise closely with colleagues, contractors and customers, including coaching and supporting junior team members and will pro-actively propose and implement improvements to systems and processes in use,
• being a first point of contact for all key and end users for any related conceptual and process-related questions and issues,
• supporting the senior SAP Basis Officer in the areas of user administration and authorization management,
• collaborating with and deputize for other team members covering all SAP modules in use for a wide variety of activities, ranging from incident resolution over report writing to mass data uploads (e.g. LSMW, batch input) and data quality testing.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in computer science or in a related field with minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position,
• demonstrable experience in customer relationship and user support,
• having participated in at least three SAP Projects e.g. implementation of a module, add-on or similar, from conception (requirements definition/blue print) to delivery and after go live support,
• project management skills to independently execute all aspects of medium-sized implementation projects, including liaising with key users within the organization and external consulting partners,
• deep technical knowledge of the ESS/MSS Modules within the SAP NWBC landscape,
• proven SAP customizing skills,
• ability to effectively translate business into technical requirements and to deliver user training and writing of system documentation,
• ABAP Programming skills would be an advantage.
We are looking for a strong team player with a positive “can do” service-oriented attitude, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently. Fluency in English is a must. A good command of German would be an asset. Working knowledge of French would be desirable.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs.
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.