|Staff Category:||Supernumerary (maternity cover)|
|Contract Duration:||1 year|
|Closing Date:||05 February 2017|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked international scientific research organizations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is situated in Heidelberg (Germany) and the outstations are in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy). The Department of Human Resources is responsible for all the Laboratory’s personnel of approx. 1800 from over 80 nations working at EMBL Headquarters of its outstations.
We are looking for a Human Resources Administrator joining the Human Resources team who is delivering extensive high quality HR services to all EMBL personnel. The incumbent reports directly to the Senior Human Resources Officer and will perform the following duties:
- Contract administration including preparation, processing, monitoring of contracts and extensions;
- Assisting new members of personnel with entry formalities;
- Assists in the preparation of the payroll including salaries, benefits, and social security contributions in accordance with EMBL Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Ensures timely and accurate update and maintenance of payroll master data for maintenance in SAP and coordinates with HR Advisors for the respective units;
- Performs a variety of tasks in respect of administration of entitlements including allowances, education grants, removals and overtime requests and maintains the relevant records in SAP;
- Enters sick leave records and monitors and validates all sick leave and special leave requests on the SAP on-line-leave recording system and follows up with SAP team or/and the relevant units when issues arise;
- Runs reports and statistics from SAP as required;
- Ensures consistent application of the Staff Rules and Regulations as well as that relevant documents are provided;
- Drafts responses to inquiries, certificates, documentation and reports;
- Participation in projects and activities to adjust the SAP system to HR requirements including its testing;
- Files and scans documents and maintains up-to-date paper files;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Senior Human Resources Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
This opportunity will suit highly motivated professionals who can demonstrate a high level of professionalism, technological awareness, ability to develop strong partnerships and a track record of delivering in a multicultural environment. S/he holds a comprehensive training in Human Resources and first working experience.
The applicant should demonstrate a conscientious attitude, the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently in his/her area of responsibility, yet seeking guidance when required. He/she should integrate and work well in a highly motivated, fast paced team. S/he will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, high customer service orientation as well as excellent organisational skills. The person appointed will be expected to be very flexible and to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines when required, while remaining calm, friendly and helpful at all times. Furthermore, attention to detail, very good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications are essential. Knowledge of SAP HR would be an advantage. English, French and German are the working languages of EMBL. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is essential. Working knowledge of German and/or French would be an advantage.
Please apply online through
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.