|Staff Category:||Staff Member (Part time)|
|Contract Duration:||3 years|
|Closing Date:||31 January 2018|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK) and Rome (Italy).
We are seeking a highly motivated Accounting Helper to join the Finance Section of EMBL. The post holder will be responsible for:
- Barcoding and scanning incoming invoices, travels, etc with the use of Xflow
- Archiving the EMBL HD and outstation invoices
- Mailing and picking up the post, sorting and distributing
- Assisting all accounting staff in the extracting of supporting documents for VAT submissions, audits, etc
- Back-up with processing invoices with and without purchase orders in SAP
- Assisting in general finance duties on an ad hoc basis as requested by the Accounts Officer or Head of Accounting
The post holder will report directly to the Accounts Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have at least two years of administrative/clerical and bookkeeping experience. The position requires accuracy, very good organizational and communication skills and ability to work independently as well as within a team. Working experience with SAP and Xflow and Microsoft Office is desirable. Good working knowledge in both English and German is required.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprise a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.