|Contract Duration:||Minimum of 6 months (extension possible)|
|Grading:||Up to EUR 450 per month|
|Closing Date:||18 February 2018|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations worldwide. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Rome (Italy).
The Office of Resource Development raises philanthropic support for EMBL.It seeks to engage people with an interest in the life sciences and who wish to support EMBL in various ways. The Office of Resource Development oversees the activities of the Friends of EMBL and the Corporate Partnership Programme. In addition, it raises support for a variety of EMBL projects and programmes.
The purpose of the Resource Development Internship is to assist the Resource Development team with fundraising and outreach activities.
Scope of work to include:
- Assist in planning and execution of fundraising and corporate relations events, including coordination with other EMBL departments.
- Assist in entering donor data in software programs.
- Assist with mailings, filing and execute other administrative tasks.
- Research prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Liaise with internal communications department to keep fundraising webpages up-to-date.
- Attend department and team meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Interest in the nonprofit sector.
- Fluency in English and German would be an asset.
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Previous nonprofit experience and/or coursework in fundraising, nonprofit management, or marketing and communications a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs is essential.
- Schedule and number of hours per week is negotiable.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
Please note that a contract of 6 months will be offered to the successful candidate. This can be extended, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.