|Contract Duration:||6-8 Months|
|Remuneration:||700 EUR per month|
|Closing Date:||28 February|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations worldwide. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK) and Rome (Italy).
As part of the Course and Conference Office, based at EMBL Heidelberg you will fulfil EMBL’s mission to provide exemplary training for the life sciences, making the laboratory the leading meeting place for biologists in Europe. Join the team that delivers a world-class programme of international conferences, courses and events, primarily at the striking Advanced Training Centre (ATC). The ATC is EMBL’s purpose-built scientific conference and training venue, centred on a large auditorium, wet laboratories and computer-based training rooms and complete with social spaces designed to foster networking and collaboration. We offer an international working environment with superb benefits and facilities for staff.
The marketing intern will join the EMBL CCO marketing team, which manages the promotion of EMBL’s annual Course and Conference Programme as well as the individual events taking place in Heidelberg. You will gain experience in various aspects of event marketing, including creating social media campaigns and posts, email marketing, website production and onsite marketing during events.
The position is full time (39 hr week), comes with a stipend up to a maximum of 700 EUR and accommodation is provided free of charge in the guesthouse if needed. The preferred start date is April 2018, with a total duration of 6 – 8 months. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
The main tasks of the marketing intern will include:
- Assisting with the execution of the events’ marketing campaigns (e.g.: EMBL events newsletter, e-announcements, online and print advertising, listing events online, direct mailings)
- Assisting with the content population of conference event apps
- Assisting with the CRM database maintenance and reporting
- Statistical analyses and presentations (e.g. delegate feedback questionnaires, event statistics, google analytics)
- Editing of websites via a Content Management System
- Internet research and database management
- Projects/tasks from the events team and sponsoring
- Monitoring the central marketing inbox, responding to general inquiries
- Graphic editing for online and print advertising
- Onsite marketing assistance at conferences
- Actively contributing to projects and work groups to advance the continuous development of the CCO
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates with experience in the field of event marketing and/or event management will be considered first.
- Full fluency in English and basic German language proficiency essential
- Very good communicator with a customer friendly attitude
- Reliability and good time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Excellent computer literacy is essential (MS Office programs, esp. Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience working with databases and content management systems
- Experience with social media platforms, email campaign software (MailChimp), project management (Asana, Instagantt) and marketing web and mobile applications would be beneficial
- Experience with the Adobe suite of programs would be beneficial (Photoshop, InDesign etc)
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.