|Contract Duration:||6 months|
|Grading:||3 or 4, depending on experience and qualifications|
|Closing Date:||3 March 2018|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations worldwide. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK) and Rome (Italy).
Travel claims and credit card transactions
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of external travel claims
- Ensure validity of supporting documents
- Verify the correctness of allocations in the general ledger
- Ensure correct treatment of currency
- Follow-up on any queries related to these payment
- Ensure appropriate verification of the banking details, in-line with company policy
- Maintain creditor master data files are accurately maintained
- Liaison with creditors in a professional manner
- Maintaining creditors’ files and supporting documentation and the archiving of documentation
- Assistance from time to time with credit card transactions for EMBL corporate cards, ensuring accurate allocation in the general ledger.
Back up for the post/scan function
- Barcoding and scanning incoming invoices, travels, etc.
- Mailing and picking up the post, distributing incoming correspondence
- Archiving the EMBL HD and outstations invoices
- Assistance with ad hoc tasks within the accounting department that may be required by the Accounts Officer
- The post holder will report directly to the Accounts Officer and will work closely with the Accounting, Purchasing and Scientific teams as well as external contacts like vendors and others. The larger area of your responsibilities will be in the accounts payable area.
Qualifications and Experience
Skills and experience:
- Experience with processing transactions as described above
- Accounting knowledge or background in finance (Essential)
- Fluent German or fluent English (Essential)
- Working knowledge of the second European language (Desirable)
- Commercial qualifications (Desirable)
- SAP FI or SAP MM modules (Desirable)
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises from a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.