|Contract Duration:||1 Year|
|Closing Date:||18 March 2018|
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations worldwide. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK) and Rome (Italy).
EMBL has a mature SAP system which is used as the key information system for the management of Financial and HR issues. EMBL continues to develop its SAP system to support management and scientific budget holders. The SAP team is small and dynamic and comprises specialists who take the lead in administering and further developing the SAP modules in their areas of expertise (Financials/Controlling and Logistics, HR and Interfaces to non-SAP systems). The team members develop and retain solid in house expertise to ensure the stability of the system and optimize and further develop it where required
Due to an increased workload period related to a number of project deliveries, the team requires additional SAP Basis support. The position holder will be delivering first level support to our user community in the areas of user administration and authorization management, and will be supervised by the senior support officer.
In particular, the main tasks will be:
- Creation of new SAP user accounts
- First level user support (resetting passwords, unlocking of expired accounts etc.)
- Analyse authorization issues of existing SAP users -update authorizations of users as requested / approved
- Maintain SAP user authorizations for ESS web applications (time sheet, leave request, shopping cart)
- Document all changes in the existing ticketing system Kayako
- Keep all user administration documentation up to date
- Support newcomer induction process
- Housekeeping of existing SAP user accounts, update master data etc.
- Forward and solve tickets together with second level support (SAP team)
Qualifications and Experience
This is a training position ideally suitable for students looking to gain experience in providing SAP System Support in the environment of an intergovernmental organisation. We are looking for a candidate with a background in computer science and with proven SAP Basis Support experience, e.g. as first-level helpdesk support. Good communication skills together with a very good knowledge of English and German are essential.
The traineeship comes with a remuneration based on an hourly rate with a maximum of 1.000 EUR per month. Working hours are flexible.
To apply, please submit your application online through www.embl.org/jobs
Please contact the SAP Team Lead for any further enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.