|Staff Category:||Staff Member|
|Contract Duration:||3 years|
|Grading:||6, 7 or 8, depending on qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date:||15 July 2018|
EMBL is looking for a Content Team Lead to support the Strategy and Communications team in ensuring the high-quality, timely, and cost-effective production of content destined for a variety of our channels and media. You will be leading a team of talented writers and editors, as well engaging talent from across the organisation and beyond, to produce content for our social and digital platforms, our in-house magazine, for campaigns and in support of press and donor relations. You will also support the development of content for a new visitor experience at EMBL’s Heidelberg site.
We are an international, friendly and supportive team, with ties to scientists and professionals throughout EMBL and to the broader science communication community. This role is based in Heidelberg, Germany.
• Owning and developing the content strategy within the Strategy and Communications team
• Managing the commissioning, production and approvals processes for content
• Ensuring that our messaging is consistent across all content
• Developing new formats for content and identifying novel ways of engaging with our target audiences
• Guiding and coaching content developers and developing their skills in areas ranging from speech writing to video script development
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with an open and professional attitude, the drive to deliver projects, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate confidently and clearly. You should have a passion for science.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
• extensive editorial management experience and leadership skills
• a track record of successfully delivering large, complex content-development projects
• experience of managing third-party contractors
• strong analytical and project planning skills
• excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across a large organisation
An excellent command of spoken and written English is necessary; knowledge of other languages, particularly German, French, Italian or Spanish, is also advantageous. Experience working in an international environment is an asset. This role will involve occasional travel to all of EMBL’s sites.
EMBL is a world-leading life-science research organisation funded by over 20 governments. We are international, innovative, interdisciplinary and highly collaborative, with 1600 employees from many nations working on six sites near Heidelberg, Barcelona, Cambridge, Grenoble, Hamburg and Rome. Our mission is to perform basic research in molecular biology; to offer vital services to scientists in the member states; to train scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new instruments and methods in the life sciences and actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises from a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.