|Staff Category:||Postdoctoral Fellow|
|Contract Duration:||2 years (renewable)|
|Closing Date:||1 October 2019|
The Boulard and Gross Groups are seeking to recruit a Postdoctoral Fellow with experience in computational biology to lead a project at the interface of epigenetics and neuroscience. The project combines the expertise of the Boulard and Gross groups in chromatin biology and neural circuits, respectively, to explore the cell-type specific interplay between transcription factors and the brain epigenome. The successful applicant will be part of a collaborative team of molecular biologists, biochemists, and neuroscientists that are working together on the large-scale exploration of previously uncharacterized transcription factors in mammalian brains.
The successful applicant will devise and carry out computational analyses of large-scale epigenomic and transcriptomic datasets internally generated, including:
- developing methods and pipelines to analyze CutnRun and DAP-seq data sets, and
- integrating, comparing, mining, and visualizing omic data sets.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields.
- Solid skillset and experience in bioinformatics:
- Excellent knowledge of R and biostatistics
- Experience and proven track record in handling NGS datasets and developing analysis pipelines
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are essential
You might also have
- Experience with Unix-based environment and high-performance computing cluster environment is not required, but would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in motif discovery is not required, but would be considered an advantage.
Why join us
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organization. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits. Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
What else you need to know
EMBL is one of the highest ranked scientific research organizations in the world. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with more than 1600 employees from many nations, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome. The Neurobiology and Epigenetics Unit at EMBL Rome studies mammalian physiology from the molecular to the systems level using the laboratory mouse as a model system. We take advantage of a full range of core facilities, including bioinformatics services and a high-performance computing cluster. For more information, please see our website at www.embl.it To apply please submit a cover letter clearly stating your motivation and future research interests/plans and a CV with at least two referees through our online system at www.embl.it/jobs. Applications are welcome from all nationalities, appointment will be based on merit alone.