- Fill out the request form and discuss your question before sending samples.
- Contact the Facility at any time to discuss sample preparation / processing / shipping.
- Provide us with as much information about your sample / protein as you can.
- Use clean containers to stain and store gels, and use them only for this purpose.
- Use a lid for the container mentioned above.
- Wear gloves at all times during sample handling.
- Cut gel bands on a clean bench and a clean glass plate using a clean (=new) scalpel knife.
- Send the protein sequence (FASTA format) when you have any tags attached to the original sequence (e.g. his tag, Flag, MBP, GST, etc.)
- Acknowledge the Facility in your publications (please), if analyses / services have contributed to your work.
- DON'T ship samples over the weekend
- DON'T incubate gels in the microwave to expedite coomassie staining
- DON'T use commercial kits for coomassie staining
- DON'T use parafilm at all
- DON'T use overhead transparencies to scan gels
- DON'T use detergents for MS experiments of intact proteins
- DON'T use >5% glycerol for MS experiments of intact proteins