Local partnerships involve institutions on or near EMBL campuses, and emerged from the recognised benefits of sharing infrastructure and equipment. Due to their nature they stimulate close collaboration between the stakeholders and facilitate the coordination of all activities taking place within the joint unit.
- Partnership for Structural Biology (PSB)
- Molecular Medicine Partnership Unit (MMPU)
- Partnership in Structural Biology with the Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY)
- Partnership with the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute (WTSI)
- Partnership in System Biology with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)