- EMBL Grenoble
- European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)
- Institut Laue Langevin (ILL)
- Institut de Biologie Structurale (IBS) – supported by the French CEA, the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the University of Grenoble (University Joseph Fourier, UJF).
- 2002: Partnership established.
- 2008: Unit of Virus Host Cell Interactions (UVHCI) joins – established as a Unité Mixte Internationale between EMBL, CNRS and the UJF. The UVHCI agreement expires in 2015.
Many projects are assigned to multiple research areas, which include:
- Host-pathogen interaction
- Membrane proteins
- Extreme environments
- Fundamental cellular processes, such as transcription
Science-driven development of methodologies and instrumentation. Technical platforms are the cornerstone of the PSB and represent a significant collective investment. They are jointly operated and used by the partners.
PSB actively encourages academic visitors to make use of the state-of-the-art infrastructures, particularly for training purposes.