The Electron Microscopy Core Facility provides advanced expertise in cellular electron microscopy: from sample preparation to image analysis and for a large variety of biological samples ranging from macromolecules to tissues. The services we provides consist of performing the experiments, assisting the users in their use of facility resources and providing advanced teaching and training. The imaging techniques that we can provide bridge analysis at an atomic resolution with microscopy techniques on living specimens.
Single-particle and tomography cryo-EM for structural biology projects is offered through the cryo-EM service platform.
- Negative staining.
- Chemical fixation, high pressure freezing of cells and multi-cellular specimens.
- Resin embedding.
- Ultramicrotomy (including serial sectioning).
- Cryo-ultramicrotomy (for the Tokuyasu technique and for CEMOVIS).
- 3D EM imaging (TEM tomography, FIB-SEM, serial-section TEM).
- Correlative light and electron microscopy (on section CLEM, cryo-CLEM, 3D CLEM).
- Image analysis and 3D cellular modelling.
Teaching and training
- Training of the users on all the accessible techniques.
- Organising courses and lectures on EM methods in cell biology.