The Metabolomics Core Facility provides services for analysis of metabolites and lipids.
The facility is equipped with a high-resolution mass spectrometry system (HRMS) coupled with liquid chromatography (UHPLC) and direct infusion (NanoMate) for separation and detection of various classes of small molecules, metabolites and lipids.
Major projects and developments
- Identification and detection of various classes of small molecules, metabolites, and lipids in mammalian and microbial cells
- EMBL-MCF mass spectral library from over 700 metabolites
- Lipidomic profiling platform for comprehensive analysis of lipid species
- Quantification of polar and nonpolar metabolites with a quality control system
- Analysis of drugs and related metabolites
We provide services for mass spectrometry-based analysis of small molecules, metabolites and lipids. We perform targeted and untargeted detection and quantification of various classes of molecules ranging from small metabolites to lipids in a variety of biological matrices.
Further services include:
- Global untargeted metabolomic profiling
- Targeted metabolomic profiling
- Lipidomic analysis
- Metabolite and lipid identification
- Low-volume high-throughput direct infusion analysis (with Advion Nanomate)