The Proteomics Core Facility provides a full proteomics infrastructure for the identification and characterisation of proteins.
Infrastructure in the Proteomics Core Facility is centered around state-of-the-art mass spectrometry for MS and LC-MSMS experiments. This is complemented by chromatographic and electrophoretic systems for protein and peptide separation.
- Protein identification from gel or in-solution
- High resolution and high mass-accuracy MS, MS/MS, and LC-MS/MS (Thermo Orbitrap Velos Pro, Q-Exactive plus, Fusion Lumos) for identification and quantification of proteins in complex mixtures
- Protein quantification by stable-isotope labeling (SILAC, TMT and dimethyl labelling)
- Identification of post-translational modifications on purified proteins
- Multi-dimensional peptide separation (liquid chromatography)
Analysis of intact proteins:
- Molecular weight determination of intact proteins by ESI mass spectrometry
- Determination of N- and C-termini of proteins and products of limited proteolysis
- Verification of incorporation of non-natural amino acids