Have you been involved as a researcher, partner or coordinator in a recently finished FP7 project? Are you currently involved in an FP7 project approaching its end-date?
The European Commission has launched a pilot to fund open access (OA) publications for finalised FP7-funded projects through OpenAIRE. The pilot includes forthcoming peer-reviewed open access publications, given that they fulfill the basic eligibility criteria:
- The FP7 project should have finished by the time the funding request is submitted, but no longer than two years ago.
- A maximum of three publications will be funded per eligible FP7 project to ensure a fair distribution of the funding across projects.
- Manuscripts submitted to hybrid journals are not eligible, only those which have been published/accepted to be published in fully open access journals.
- Funding requests should be submitted once the manuscript is accepted for publication.
- The following funding caps apply: €2000 for research articles and €6000 for monographs.
- No page or colour charges will be funded on top of the open access publishing fees.
EMBL's Szilárd Library will coordinate all funding requests – ask the Library team for more information!