Location & dates EMBL Heidelberg, Germany 9 - 10 Nov 2016
Deadlines Application closed
organiser_eppendorf
Online Registration unavailable until 24 January 2017

Please note that our online payment system is down due to maintenance and will be reopened by Tuesday 24 January.
Registration is still possible for those that choose to pay later.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Latest News

  • This event is over. To stay up to date with future courses and conferences, sign up for our newsletter.

Stay up to date! Add this event easily to your calendar by downloading the iCal>>     Addtocalendar

Course Overview

20% of the course programme covers lectures and tutorials on microinjection into adherent cells and corresponding microscopy techniques by experts in the field. The other 80% focuses on hands-on practical work organised in small groups.

Audience

This course is aimed at technicians and scientists interested in microinjection into adherent cells. Participants should have basic experience with cell culture and microscopy.

Modules/Resources

  • Sample preparation
  • Microinjection of marker dyes
  • Microinjection of GFP-labeled DNA and protein constructs
  • Microscopy training
  • Analysis of the experiments with fluorescence microscopy techniques

It is possible to bring your own sample material please contact the trainer in advance.

Learning Outcomes

After this course you will have learned the technical aspects of microinjection (equipment, sample prep, etc), the basic methodologies used for mircoinjection, as well as data analysis of samples microinjected with GFP and protein constructs. 

This course is co-organised with Eppendorf.

 

Kindly supported by our Corporate Partnership Programme

Founder partners

  • Leica logo
  • Olympus logo

Corporate partners

  • Becton Dickinson logo
  • Boehringer Ingelheim logo
  • GSK logo
  • Illumina logo
  • ThermoFisher logo

Associate partners

  • Eppendorf logo
  • Merck logo
  • Nikon logo
  • Sanofi logo