Please note that our online payment system is down due to maintenance and will be reopened by Tuesday 24 January.
Registration is still possible for those that choose to pay later.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
This event is over. To stay up to date with future courses and conferences, sign up for our newsletter.
- Got something to tweet? Say it #EMBLNGS
The goal of this course is to teach the fundamentals of NGS library preparation and validation using the Illumina TruSeq DNA PCR-free sample preparation kit. We will start with an introduction into Illumina NGS technology and the library preparation workflow. The main part will be the preparation of libraries from genomic DNA, with a focus on the critical steps and potential pitfalls of the protocol. Finally we will quantify and quality control the prepared libraries, before discussing solutions for whole genome sequencing data analysis.
This course is directed towards biologists, scientists and technicians who want to apply whole genome sequencing and learn the basics of library preparation. Knowledge of next generation sequencing technology is desirable but not essential.
During this course we will focus on the following aspects:
- Best practices and tips and tricks for TruSeq DNA PCR-free library preparation
- Best practices of sequencing library validation
- Introduction to whole genome sequencing data analysis
After this course you should be able to:
- Prepare libraries from genomic DNA using the Illumina TruSeq DNA PCR-free sample preparation kit
- Quantify and quality control libraries
- Understand how whole genome sequencing data analysis is performed
This course is co-organised with illumina.
Additional Course Dates
- 4-5 July 2016
- 28-29 November 2016