- Registration for this event is now closed.
This course will present flow cytometry and laser microdissection as methods to obtain single cells for the subsequent gene expression analysis, which cannot be performed by conventional RNA methods due to their low sensitivity.
This course will present 3 different techniques to assess gene expression: qRTPCR, Next Generation Sequencing and the Fluidigm system, as well as methods for single-cell protein quantification. Data collected by these methods will be analysed in the crucial session of data analysis, which constitutes another strong component of the course.
This course targets scientists entering the field of single cell analysis and wanting to learn about different preparation and quantification methods. It is aimed at PhD students, postdoctoral fellows or other scientists with a solid qPCR and molecular biology background.
- Sampling methods: Flow cytometry, laser microdissection, cell selection
- Assessment of gene expression: qPCR, NGS, FLuidigm
- Single cell protein quantification
- Data analysis
After this course you should be able to:
- Knowledge on sample preparation methods for single-cell analysis
- Prepare samples for qPCR and NGS analysis
- Analyse proteins from single-cells
- Process data and perform statistical analysis