Registration is now open for this event. Please register here.
- Centrosome/spindle pole body biogenesis
- Microtubule organization by centrosomes, spindle pole bodies and alternative microtubule organizing centres
- Basal bodies/cilia biogenesis and function
- Centrosome and cilia in animal development
- The role of centrosomes and cilia in diseases
Centrosome and spindle pole bodies (SPB) are major microtubule organising centres of animal and yeast cells, respectively. They play critical roles in cell division, cell polarity, signaling, immunity, cell motility and animal development. Centrosome abnormalities have been implicated in a large number of human diseases including cilia-related syndromes, microcephaly, dwarfism and cancer. This conference will provide the primary platform for exchange of expertise and new developments in this expanding field of research.
The aim is to promote the field by offering a multidisciplinary and diverse program to foster collaborations, advance new concepts and exchange technologies.
Who should attend?
Scientists interested in centrosome/SPBs biogenesis, duplication and function, as well as their role in development and disease.