This course offers the opportunity to acquire a portfolio of cutting edge EM methods; allowing the participants to integrate EM tools and readouts into the workflow of their own cell biological research projects. The course focuses on teaching the theoretical background and the latest practical developments in the field.
Students, early-stage post-docs and technicians are encouraged to apply.
- State of the art fixation including cryo-methods
- Correlative light and electron microscopy
- Molecular mapping (immuno-EM)
- Three-dimensional EM imaging using tomography and serial imaging
- Advanced quantitative image analysis (stereology, nanomorphomics).
You will gain an intensive overview of the most advanced methods in electron microscopy for cell biology. We will provide training in project/experimental design, often adapted to each of the students projects. Moreover, the course has been running for over 30 years and has contributed to the creation of a wide community of electron microscopists (both students and teachers) all over the world.