EMBL Courses and Conferences during the Coronavirus pandemic
With the onsite programme paused, many of our events are now being offered in virtual formats.
Registration is open as usual for many events, with back-up plans in place to move further courses and conferences online as necessary. Registration fees for any events affected by the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
This course will provide hands-on training in genome editing and cell engineering in mammalian cells using the highly efficient CRISPR/Cas9 system. Participants will learn design of CRISPR targets using bioinformatics tools, generation of gene knockouts/knock-ins, and target validation using the most current technologies.
This course is aimed at researchers who are familiar with basic molecular and cell biology techniques and want to learn how to create an engineered mammalian cell lines using the most recent and advanced CRISPR/Cas9 system. No previous experience in genome editing is required.
During this course you will learn:
- How to design target specific CRISPR/Cas9 tools
- Generation of guide RNA (gRNA)
- Transfection optimization for efficient gene editing
- Generation of knock-out and knock-in cell lines
- Validation of genome-edited cell lines
After this course you should be able to:
- Design CRISPR based editing tools for your target gene of interest
- Choose the right format of gene editing tool and delivery reagent for your cell type of interest
- Edit, screen and validate the engineered cell lines
This course is co-organised by Thermo Fisher.