The goal of this course is to teach the fundamentals of NGS library preparation and validation using an Amplicon PCR based test like the TruSeq Amplicon assay. We will start with an introduction into Illumina NGS technology and the library preparation workflow. The main part will be the wet lab preparation of libraries from genomic DNA, with a focus on the critical steps and potential pitfalls of the protocol. Finally we will quality control and normalize the prepared libraries. We will also have a basic training on assay design using DesignStudio and data analysis of TruSeq Amplicon sequencing results using standard Illumina tools like MiSeq Reporter and VariantStudio.
This course is directed towards molecular biologists, scientists and technicians who want to apply Amplicon based targeted sequencing in their lab. Knowledge of next generation sequencing technology desirable is but not essential.
During this course we will focus on the following aspects:
- Wet lab training and best practices for TruSeq Amplicon library preparation
- Best practices of sequencing library validation and bead-based normalization
- Custom assay design using DesignStudio
- Introduction to Amplicon data analysis and interpretation using Illumina MiSeq Reporter and VariantStudio software
After this course you should be able to:
- Prepare libraries from genomic DNA using the Illumina TruSeq Amplicon assay
- Quality control and normalise libraries
- Understand the basics of assay design using DesignStudio
- Analyse and interpret data using Illumina MiSeq Reporter and VariantStudio software
This course is co-organised with illumina.
Additional course dates