Registration is not yet open for this event. If you are interested in receiving more information please subscribe to our mailing list.
The goal of this course is to teach the fundamentals of NGS library preparation and validation using enrichment based tests like the Nextera / TruSight Rapid Capture assay. We will start with an introduction into Illumina NGS technology and the library preparation workflow. The main part will be the wet lab preparation of libraries from genomic DNA, with a focus on the critical steps and potential pitfalls of the protocol. Finally we will quality control and quantify the prepared libraries. We will also have a basic training on assay design using DesignStudio and data analysis of Enrichment based sequencing results using standard Illumina software tools like MiSeq Reporter and VariantStudio.
This course is directed towards molecular biologists, scientists and technicians who want to apply Enrichment based targeted sequencing in their lab. Knowledge of next generation sequencing technology is desirable but not essential.
During this course we will focus on the following aspects:
- Wet lab training and best practices for Nextera / TruSight Rapid Capture library preparation
- Best practices of sequencing library validation and quantification
- Custom assay design using DesignStudio
- Introduction to Enrichment based sequencing data analysis and interpretation using Illumina MiSeq Reporter and VariantStudio software
After this course you should be able to:
- Prepare libraries from genomic DNA using Nextera / TruSight Rapid Capture approaches
- Quality control and quantify libraries
- Understand the basics of assay design using DesignStudio
- Analyse and interpret data using Illumina MiSeq Reporter and VariantStudio software
This course is co-organised with illumina.
Additional course dates