Biomedical research scientists and professionals with successful careers contribute to better research and improved outcomes for patients. Effective continuing professional development can be the catalyst to success for both individual careers and medical advances.
The Lifelong Learning in the Biomedical Sciences Conference 2017 will build on the outcomes and experiences of the 2016 Conference, extending to new topics and a wider audience. The conference will incorporate talks, hands-on workshops, and networking and poster sessions.
This second EMBL conference on Lifelong Learning in the Biomedical Sciences will bring together diverse stakeholders from across the academic, industrial, professional and training sectors to share best practice and actively shape the landscape of continuing professional development in the biomedical sciences. We call upon all who are interested in engaging to shape this future.
- The changing political world order and its’ implications for science and scientists
- Competence and professional development: How individual CPD can be a passport to career success
- Capacity building: building effective international teams and addressing skills gaps
- Cultivating innovation through competency development: How CPD encourages innovation and leads to successful outcomes
Who should attend?
- Employers, employees, consultants and students of all sectors involved in biomedical research and development
- biomedical education and training providers
- professional and scientific bodies, learned societies
- research infrastructures
- regulators and regulatory affairs professionals
- funders and policy makers