Coronavirus information for participants
The onsite course and conference programme at EMBL has been paused until the end of June 2020.
We aim to continue offering our advanced training for the scientific community however we safely can. While some events have been cancelled, many have been rescheduled for a later date and others will be delivered as virtual events.
Registration is open for onsite courses and conferences starting after 1 July and for the virtual events. All registration fees for any events which don’t take place due to the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
The biennial meeting of the International Bioiron Society brings together basic scientists and clinicians from all around the world interested in fundamental iron biology as well as diseases related to iron overload and iron deficiency. With the increasing awareness about the essential role of iron in common acquired disorders, such as cardiovascular, inflammatory and neurodegenerative disorders as well as cancer, we will feature cutting-edge research related to these diseases. The meeting is a dynamic forum for discussing progress and future directions in this exciting research area.
In this congress we will present:
- The most recent advances in iron-related basic and clinical research
- Outstanding scientists invited to give state-of-the-art keynote and plenary lectures
- Oral presentations with novel unpublished data selected from the most innovative submitted contributions
- Great opportunities to foster collaboration among iron scientists and clinicians
- Excellent training and an exciting environment for junior investigators and trainees to further develop their knowledge of iron metabolism
The related EMBL Course: Techniques for Studying Iron in Health and Disease will take place on 2 - 4 May 2019.