EMBL Courses and Conferences during the Coronavirus pandemic
With the onsite programme paused, many of our events are now being offered in virtual formats.
Registration is open as usual for many events, with back-up plans in place to move further courses and conferences online as necessary. Registration fees for any events affected by the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
30% of the course programme covers lectures and tutorials on generating transgenic mice, and corresponding microscopy and micromanipulation techniques by experts in the field. The other 70% focuses on hands-on practical work organised in small groups. These practicals will address injection of nucleic acids into the pronucleus and cytoplasm of fertilised mouse oocytes, embryonic stem cell transfer into blastocysts, piezo-assisted stem cell transfer into 8-cell stage embryos and microscopy training.
This course is aimed at technicians and scientists interested in the generation of transgenic animals. Participants should have basic experience with eukaryotic cells and microscopy.
- DNA/RNA Microinjection into zygotes
- Contrast techniques
- Embryonic stem cell transfer
- Piezo-assisted micromanipulation
The aim of the course is to provide participants with hands-on tutorials and the theory behind generating transgenic animals. Microinjection into mouse zygotes will be covered, as well as cell transfer into embryos and blastocysts. This course is co-organised with Eppendorf.