Registration is not yet open for this event. If you are interested in receiving more information please register your interest.
Flow Cytometry is one of the most powerful single cell analysis methods used throughout the life sciences and medicine. Utilising Flow Cytometry we can identify and quantify many different parameters from heterogeneous samples, analyse the corresponding state of proliferation or simply detect the expression of fluorescent reporters. In line with the suggestions from our course in 2017, we will significantly enhance the number of analysis sessions together with our partners from FlowJo. We will cover the theory of Flow Cytometry and corroborate this information intensively with the practical issues of the most frequent assays as part of our practical course curriculum.
The course is designed for researchers at any step of their career and will cover the subject from basic principles to complex assays. Prior basic working knowledge of Flow Cytometry is of advantage, but not strictly a must.
- In-depth principles of Flow Cytometry
- Quality assessment and instrument validation
- Principles and guidelines for experimental design, especially for multi-color Flow Cytometry
- Staining of tissues with cell surface antigens
- Staining cell cycle profiles in fixed and live cells
- Assessing proliferation and cell division
- The beauty and burdens of fluorescence proteins in Flow Cytometry
- Detailed multi-sessions on analysing data from Flow Cytometers in cooperation with FlowJo
- If requested, exploration of very-high parametric Flow Cytometry data highlighting important experimental design and analysis issues with real data from collaborating laboratories.
Our goal for this course is to teach the basic of this technology with a very big emphasis on practical work at the instruments. Nothing is better than learning by doing. We have a great set of experienced trainers in this technology delivering lectures and accompanying you into the lab doing flow on your own. We will have support from FlowJo delivering the basics and some advanced features in multiple sessions. This in-depth five-day course will push your knowledge and skills preparing you for any flow projects ahead on your research path.
For an impression of the course, check out the 2019 programme.