EMBL Courses and Conferences during the Coronavirus pandemic
With the onsite programme paused, many of our events are now being offered in virtual formats.
Registration is open as usual for many events, with back-up plans in place to move further courses and conferences online as necessary. Registration fees for any events affected by the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
Virtual Participation Guidelines
- Use the event-specific hashtag as communicated during the event for any related tweets
- Tweet unless the speaker specifically says otherwise
- Be mindful of unpublished data
- Be respectful in tone and content
- Share your log in details with others
- Broadcast the conference to unregistered participants
- Capture, transmit or redistribute data presented at the meeting unless presenter gives explicit consent
- Use offensive language in your posts
- Engage in rudeness or personal attacks
Additional information can be found in our Code of Conduct.
How to ask questions
Please use the poll tab (1) to ask questions during the sessions:
- Questions to Keynote Speakers will be addressed directly after their talk.
- Questions to Invited Speakers and short talks will be addressed during the discussion sessions.
Name the person you want to address, type the question, add your name (2). e.g.: @Eagly; here is my question; Gerlind Wallon - EMBO, Germany
If you would like to ask your question live, add “Live” to the end of your question and raise your hand in the meeting window. In that case the moderator may call on you and allow you to unmute yourself so you can ask your question. Please keep questions short.
The programme is planned based on Central European Time (CET) or Central Europen Summer Time (CEST), unless otherwise stated. As many virtual participants are attending from around the world, we do our best to accomodate as many timezones as possible when creating the programme. Please take your time zone into consideration when planning your attendance.
Virtual event platforms
Pathable: For this event, we are using the conference platform Pathable. Please see here for the conference platform guidelines.
Zoom: Pathable will use Zoom for live sessions and we recommend you download the Zoom app in advance of the conference to ensure you get full interactivity.