EMBL Courses and Conferences during the Coronavirus pandemic
With the onsite programme paused, many of our events are now being offered in virtual formats.
Registration is open as usual for many events, with back-up plans in place to move further courses and conferences online as necessary. Registration fees for any events affected by the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
Virtual Participation Guidelines
- Use the event-specific hashtag #EMBONeuroepigenetics as communicated during the event for any related tweets
- Tweet unless the speaker specifically says otherwise
- Be mindful of unpublished data
- Be respectful in tone and content
- Share your login details with others
- Broadcast the conference to unregistered participants
- Capture, transmit, or redistribute data presented at the meeting unless the presenter gives explicit consent
- Use offensive language in your posts
- Engage in rudeness or personal attacks
Additional information can be found in our Code of Conduct.
Health and well-being
It is important to stay healthy and move around, especially when you are attending an event virtually. We have put together a few coffee break stretches and yoga videos. You can find these under 'resources' on the conference platform.
How to ask questions
Please use the Q&A function at each live talk. Read more in the guidelines. It is possible to send a direct message to participants, poster presenters, and speakers.
If you have any other questions, you can go to the Help Desk at the conference platform. Click on 'more' on the top menu and click Help Desk.
The programme is planned based on Central European Time (CET) or Central European Summer Time (CEST) unless otherwise stated. As many virtual participants are attending from around the world, we do our best to accommodate as many timezones as possible when creating the programme. Please take your time zone into consideration when planning your attendance. Remember to set your time zone in your account.
Virtual event platforms
Engagez: For this event, we are using the conference platform Engagez. Please read the conference platform guidelines for information on how to use the platform.
Zoom: Engagez will use Zoom for live sessions and we recommend you download the Zoom app in advance of the conference to ensure you get full interactivity.