EMBL Courses and Conferences during the Coronavirus pandemic
With the onsite programme paused, many of our events are now being offered in virtual formats.
Registration is open as usual for many events, with back-up plans in place to move further courses and conferences online as necessary. Registration fees for any events affected by the COVID-19 disruption are fully refundable.
More information for participants of events at EMBL Heidelberg can be found here.
Registration Fees and Motivation Letter
The course is limited to 24 participants. For selection purposes, please note that your application will not be considered without a letter of motivation.
Registration Fees (include admission, course materials):
Confirmation and Payment
The registration fee should be paid only after acceptance to the course. The results will be announced approximately 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
Motivation Letter Submission
After registration, you can submit your motivation letter via a separate link that will be provided in the email confirmation. Alternatively, you can access the link on the confirmation page directly after registering. The same login credentials are used for both processes.
- Select your account as the author of the submission.
- When describing your motivation to apply for the course, include your relevant skills, experience and qualifications showing why you would be suitable for the course. In addition, explain why you would like to attend, including what you can contribute and how you think you will benefit from the course.
- You may be asked to answer the following questions, as well as questions about your experience with various techniques and methods.
- What was/is your undergraduate degree?
- What was/is your postgraduate degree?
- What was/is the title and focus of your postgraduate degree thesis?
- Please describe your research.
- Please list the scientific positions in which you have been employed in your career so far
- Please list if you have received any awards during your research.
- Please list any papers you have published.
- What is your expectation from this course?
Motivation letter length: The maximum limit of 2000 characters refers to manually typed text (spaces included).
Additional questions: The maximum characters for your answers in the free text field boxes is 255 (spaces included).
Text only: If you copy-paste the text, hidden formatting might still be included and you will be informed that your text exceeds the character limit. We recommend either:
- saving your text as text only in your editor or Email programme, OR
- copy-pasting it into Notepad and then onto the website.
Symbols: If you have special symbols in your text make sure you are using Unicode characters, otherwise these will not be recognised by the tool.
For further information about registration and motivation letter submission please refer to the FAQ page.