- I have booked flyers in delegate bag / notepads and pens in delegate bag / lanyards / journals on registration counter. When and where do I need to send these?
- Where should I deliver freight?
- Where does the industry exhibition take place?
- When should I set up the exhibition?
- We would like to sponsor a poster prize. What prize should we provide?
- The conference finishes on the weekend. When should the material be shipped?
- I would like to sponsor a PhD student – how much does this cost?
- I have booked an exhibition space. What is included in this option?
- Can I use the EMBL logo to promote our participation in an event?
- Do I need to register for the conference as a sponsor?
- Should extra representatives pay online or will they be sent an invoice?
- We plan to swap representatives over. Do we need to pay for the registration for two company representatives?
- Why should I create a login/account to register for a meeting at EMBL?
- How can I change the password for my account?
- Why have I not received a registration confirmation e-mail?
- What do I need to do if I want to cancel my registration?
- I have already registered for this conference. Can I make changes to my registration information?
- Is it possible to run a workshop as part of the scientific programme?
- How much does it cost to run a workshop?
- How can I get to the Advanced Training Centre, Heidelberg?
- Where should I book a hotel?
- How do I find the ATC?
- How do I find my way around the ATC?
- Is wireless internet available in the ATC?
- I will arrive by car. Are there car-parking facilities at EMBL?
- "The page you requested could not be displayed because one of the URL parameters was invalid or the requested page does not exist or a system failure occurred."
- "You cannot logon with this account because the account has no contacts."
- Is it possible to book rooms in the Advanced Training Centre for private company events? If so, how much does the room hire cost?
I have booked flyers in delegate bag / notepads and pens in delegate bag / lanyards / journals on registration counter. When and where do I need to send these?
Any sponsorship items should be sent to the following address four weeks prior to the event:
Company Name (Event name)
Course and Conference Office
Where should I deliver freight?
All material required for booth set-ups should be sent to:
Company Name (Event name)
Course and Conference Office
Where does the industry exhibition take place?
The main sponsoring exhibition takes place in the inner circle of the foyer, and in the five outer niches. All coffee breaks and lunches take place in the Auditorium Foyer.
To view the exhibition area online, please visit the EMBL Advanced Training Centre Panorama Tour.
When should I set up the exhibition?
All booths must be set up prior to the start of the event registration. The exact details will be sent to you in the exhibitor manual four weeks prior to the event.
We would like to sponsor a poster prize. What prize should we provide?
Poster prizes should be to the value of approximately €300. Common prizes include journal subscriptions, gift vouchers, electronic items. Alternatively it is possible to cover the conference registration fee and/or travel costs of the winner.
The conference finishes on the weekend. When should the material be shipped?
If the conference ends on a weekend, the break-down of the booth can either take place on the last day of the conference - in which case the material will be kept in the storeroom until the next workday - or on the following Monday. Please inform the Sponsorship Team of your break-down and shipping arrangements.
I would like to sponsor a PhD student – how much does this cost?
There is the possibility to sponsor the registration fee of a student, and/or the travel costs of a student (flight and/or hotel – price variable). If you are interested in sponsoring a PhD student, please contact the Sponsorship Team.
I have booked an exhibition space. What is included in this option?
We will provide exhibition space only. There won’t be any shell scheme or fascia, so please bring your roll-up banner(s).Your exhibition space will be equipped with the following:
1 table (1.7 m x 0.75 m) or 2 small tables (1.20 m x 0.40 m) for a 3 m² exhibition space
1 bistro table
1 electrical socket
1 waste paper basket
full catering during the conference hours
access to all lectures and social events during the conference
Can I use the EMBL logo to promote our participation in an event?
Please note that it is not permitted to use the EMBL logo on any company related material or advertising. Should you wish to promote your participation in an event, please contact the Sponsorship Team, who can provide you with the event banner for this purpose.
Do I need to register for the conference as a sponsor?
Yes. As EMBL conferences are organised using an event management programme, sponsors are required to register to ensure they are taken into account in the organization of all logistical matters, e.g. badge printing, abstract book production, catering. You will receive the sponsorship registration link from the Sponsorship Team approximately four weeks before the event.
Should extra representatives pay online or will they be sent an invoice?
Extra representatives attending as sponsors are required to register online, however do not need to pay online. The sponsoring company will be sent an invoice for the registration amount of all representatives either shortly before or after the event. The sponsoring company is obliged to inform the Sponsorship Team how many representatives it plans to send to the event when it submits its sponsorship option form.
We plan to swap representatives over during the event. Do we need to pay for the registration for two company representatives?
In theory this is possible for no extra cost, provided only one representative is on site at a time. This must be arranged with the Sponsorship Team prior to the event. Both representatives are required to register as sponsors. The first representative must return his badge to the registration counter upon leaving the event.
Why should I create a login/account to register for a meeting at EMBL?
The creation of an account is needed in order to register for one of EMBL’s events. You only need to create this account once and you can use it to register for all EMBL events.
Please make sure you use a valid e-mail address. We assume no responsibility if communications cannot be sent to you due to a faulty e-mail address. Please note that the data you entered will appear on your name badge, receipt, abstract book etc. as you insert it. Please do not use only uppercase or lowercase for your name, institute. (e.g. JOHN DOE; john doe)
How can I change the password for my account?
You can change your password and update any information that may change such as name, address, department etc. by checking the ‘Edit my account’ checkbox when you enter your account.
Why have I not received a registration confirmation e-mail?
After completing your registration you should always receive a confirmation e-mail. If this is not the case, please contact the Course and Conference Office.
What do I need to do if I want to cancel my registration?
As soon as you know that you will not be able to take part in the meeting please inform the Sponsorship Team. Your registration will be deleted. The company representative taking your place will need to register online. Please also check our sponsorship Terms and Conditions for the sponsorship cancellation policy.
I have already registered for this conference. Can I make changes to my registration information?
You can change or update any information that may change such as password, name, address, department etc. by checking the 'Edit my account' checkbox when you enter your account.
Is it possible to submit an abstract?
Yes, it is possible to submit an abstract as a sponsor, however the abstract is subject to the same review process as abstracts submitted by scientific participants.
What should I do if I want to submit an abstract?
You can submit your abstract online only after registration.
If you wish to submit an abstract as a sponsor, please contact the Sponsorship Team, who will then send you the relevant link. Before submitting please take into consideration:
- The limit of 2000 characters refers to manually typed text including spaces.
- Please enter your co-authors correctly via the system by adding accounts with their institution and DO NOT copy them into the body of the abstract text.
- If you copy paste the text, hidden formatting might still be included and you will be informed that your text exceeds the limit of 2000 characters. We recommend copy-pasting it into Notepad and then onto the website. Some web browsers do not accept abstracts with 199X characters.
- Sometimes your company’s settings for internal documents are saved in the document as hidden formatting. Using an external computer might help.
- Some symbols are not recognized by the tool if they are copy-pasted.
- If errors still occur try using a different web browser.
Is it possible to run a workshop as part of the scientific programme?
Gold and Silver sponsors have the opportunity to run workshops prior to the registration of the event. If you are interested in running a workshop in connection with an event, please contact the Sponsorship Team.
How much does it cost to run a workshop?
Pre-conference workshops are part of the conference Gold and Silver sponsorship packages. Please refer to the sponsorship brochure for more detailed information on these packages. The following rooms are available in the Advanced Training Centre:
- 2 Flex Labs (capacity 49 each – can also be joined together as one room)
- 2 Courtyard rooms (capacity 50 each – can also be joined together as one room)
- 2 Training Labs / life science wet labs (capacity 40 and 48 respectively)
- 2 Helix meeting rooms (capacity 30 each)
- 1 Computer Training Lab (capacity 36)
Please contact the Sponsorship Team for availability and prices.
How can I get to the Advanced Training Centre, Heidelberg?
Please click here for information on how to reach Heidelberg by plane, train, and car.
Where should I book a hotel?
ISG Hotel is the nearest hotel to EMBL (5 min. driving, 20 min. walk through the woods), however there are a range of hotels located in Heidelberg which are also favoured by sponsors. Please click here for further information or check map for other hotels.
How do I find the Advanced Training Centre?
The Advanced Training Centre (ATC) is located on the EMBL Campus in Heidelberg, Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany.
How do I find my way around the ATC?
The registration desk is situated at the main entrance of the ATC – please feel free to ask for directions. Signs and building plans can be found throughout the ATC. A floorplan can be found here.
Is wireless internet available in the ATC?
W-LAN is available within the EMBL campus - please use the ‘ATC Guest’ access that does not require a password. In order to use the LAN network for your presentations, your laptop must be registered by our EMBL IT service. Please inform us in advance if this is required.
I will arrive by car. Are there car-parking facilities at EMBL?
Free car parking is available at EMBL. Please park in the parking lot “P1” on the left hand side as you arrive in Meyerhofstraße.
Can I pay online?
As a sponsor you are not required to pay online. The company will be sent an invoice from EMBL for all costs including registration costs of company representatives. All company representatives attending the event are however required to register online (see also “Do I need to register for the conference as a sponsor?”).
Do the sponsorship option prices include sales tax?
An additional 19% VAT is applicable to all sponsorship prices. All monies are payable in Euro.
TROUBLE-SHOOTING: ERRORS DURING REGISTRATION
"The page you requested could not be displayed because one of the URL parameters was invalid or the requested page does not exist or a system failure occurred."
If the link does not work, your e-mail settings (plain text) are cutting the link. Just check in your e-mail that your link is written in only one line, if some letters/numbers are written on another line you need to type those in the browser after the first line of the link.
"You cannot logon with this account because the account has no contacts."
Some error might have occurred when you created your account in the first place. Please contact the conference officer responsible for your event who will correct your logon account.
BOOKING ROOMS FOR PRIVATE EVENTS
Is it possible to book rooms in the Advanced Training Centre for private company events? If so, how much does the room hire cost?