As part of the EI3POD programme, fellows take part in a workshop on dissemination and outreach and are obliged to actively disseminate their work by engaging in new or existing activities.
Involvement in dissemination activities has included participation in:
- a Science Slam on Evolution
- student visits to EMBL, including
- a talk to Maastricht Science Programme students about an EIPOD's work and career
- a presentation about fluorescent proteins to high school students
- being a panelist for a Q&A session on scientific careers with Italian school children
- a talk to school children from Germany
- the European Learning Lab for the Life Sciences' School Ambassador Programme
- the Cambridge Science Festival
- an International Summer School for secondary school students at EMBL Monterotondo.
- a , that was part of the youth and science programme of "Fundacio Catalunya la Pedrera".
- the Hamburg Night of Science / DESY Campus Open Day
- "Genes, Research and Disease: Discovering Genomics for the Classroom" an ELLS workshop for teachers in Malta
- a workshop for the International Summer Science School Heidelberg where students were able to build their own microscopes
- returning to former schools & universities to give talks to students about research
- the 2018 European Researchers' Night in Heidelberg / Mannheim and Cambridge.
EIPOD postdocs in discussion during the 2017 dissemination and outreach workshop [EMBL photolab]
|EIPODs are supported by EMBL and a
EU Marie Curie Actions Cofund grant.