EI3POD comes with a defined set of training requirements designed to give insight into the ethical, societal and applied corporate aspects of science. The programme aims to prepare a cohort of EI3POD researchers appropriately equipped for a wide variety of career paths in the life science sector. The training modules are expected to be completed by fellows within the first 18 months of their fellowships.
Fellows also have access to career development support through the EMBL Fellows' Career Service, which now incorporates the career development service set up for EIPODs in 2016.
Mandatory training modules
- Intellectual property
- Entrepreneurship in life sciences
- Research ethics
- Career Development
- Gender dimension in science
- Outreach, public engagement and dissemination of knowledge on scientific progress
Optional training modules
- Corporate Summer School: including lectures and tutorials by experts in the fleld, site visits and field trips
- Entrepreneurship-targeted e-learning activity
|Mandatory trainings||2015 intake||2016 intake||2017 intake||2018 intake|
|Career Development||24 April 2017*||15 Nov 2017^||29 Nov 2018%||16 Oct 2019|
|Gender dimension in science||25 April 2017*||16 Nov 2017^||30 Nov 2018%||18 Oct 2019|
|Research Ethics||1 June 2017||1 March 2018||21 Feb 2019||17 Oct 2019|
|Outreach, public engagement and dissemination of knowledge||2 June 2017||2 March 2018||22 Feb 2019||5 Feb 2020|
|Intellectual property||20 Sept 2017||21 June 2018||7 May 2019||3 Feb 2020|
|Entrepreneurship||21 Sept 2017||22 June 2018||8 May 2019||4 Feb 2020|
Corporate Summer Schools
- 17 - 22 September 2018 (2015-2017 intake)
- the second school has been postponed due to COVID (new date - 14-20 September 2021)
Trainings take place at EMBL Heidelberg, unless the date is marked with: * (EMBL Hamburg), ^ (EMBL Rome) or % (ISG Hotel, Heidelberg)
Note: intake year refers to the year that the fellows sucessfully applied to the EIPOD scheme. In most cases, the start year for the fellowship is the following year.